FIXED SECURITY OVERVIEW
Traditional Trellidor Fixed burglar bars
These trellis-patterned burglar bars match Traditional Trellidor security gates in design and strength. They do not open like gates but remain fixed in place to protect windows. There is a choice of galvanised steel or structural aluminium burglar bars.
This burglar-proofing range has a full, four-sided frame and double upright bars to create a strong, dependable form of protection from intruders. Each burglar bar unit is custom-made to fit the window and installed with tamper-proof fixings. Specialised coatings protect them against corrosion and UV-rays and produce a high-quality finish and long lifespan.
Traditional Trellidor Fixed Security galvanised steel burglar bars gates are custom manufactured and fully framed. This ensures they fit the window space properly with no gaps or weaknesses for burglars to exploit.
There are different models and prices in the Traditional Trellidor Fixed Security range, with one for all levels of security risk, from low to extremely high. The different models look
similar but differ in terms of strengthening features.
Trellidor Plus-T900 and Trellidor Trojan II-T1000 have been strength-tested and certified to Level 2 and Level 1 respectively.
Spoilt for choice
Choose a colour to suit your unique home or office decor style from our flexible range of options.
FIXED SECURITY TECHNICAL
Traditional Trellidor Fixed burglar bars’ are designed for windows that require strong protection against intruders. They’re ideal security barriers for large glass windows but can also be made to fit small windows. Being highly visible, they’re a good deterrent to opportunistic thieves passing by your home as well as those planning a home invasion. Use them to match your Traditional Trellidor Retractable sliding security gates for seamless all-round security in your home or office.
- Powder coated galvanized steel and aluminum trellis-style burglar bars
- Custom made to fit each window
- Engineered with strengthening features to resist attack
- Fully framed for strength under attack
- Corrosion and UV resistant even at the coast
- Several models to choose from according to risk profile and budget
- Choice of internal or external installation
- Choice of face-on fit or fitted into the window reveal
- Carry warranties against defective workmanship, materials and corrosion
OPTIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Superb corrosion resistance as we’re able to coat all surfaces. Most of our competitors use square tubing, which is difficult to coat inside, resulting in the product being vulnerable to corrosion from the inside out. out
- Increased flexibility and strength.
Every component making up a security barrier including security gate screws must add to its ability to resist an attack by an intruder. Trellidor uses unique screws that can only be fitted or removed with a custom-made drive socket to help reduce the risk of break-ins. Our security gate screws are also longer than usual to provide extra pull-out resistance for our security gates and burglar bars.
Our fixings are of a unique design that can only be fitted or removed with a custom-made drive socket. This increased tamper resistance minimises break-ins.
Fully framed burglar bar designs are able to resist attack better than
semi-framed or unframed burglar bars. Traditional Trellidor Fixed burglar bars
are fully framed, with the four corners interconnected. This means
that the burglar bar is not dependent on the fixings only for
resistance when an intruder is trying to lever it out.
FLEXIBLE COLOUR RANGE
MATT LIGHT BROWN
Trellidor Fixed burglar bars come in 2 standard (White & Matt Bronze) and 5 nonstandard colours (Sand, Light Brown. Matt Aluminium, Matt Charcoal and Matt Black). Special colours are available on request, allowing you to choose a colour to best suit your decor or your corporate colours.
The Trellidor powder coating system includes a pre-treatment process that enhances our products’ corrosion and UV resistance. The powder coating is ideal for coastal and inland conditions and increases the lifespan of the barrier by retaining its quality finish.
PRODUCT WEB STORIES
Explore Our Fixed Security Web Stories
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The word ‘Trellidor’ is the brand name of South African security barrier manufacturer Trellidor. The company has been manufacturing steel sliding trellis-style safety gates for over 40 years. These are fitted to doors and windows to protect people from intruders.
Because the company has been supplying the security barrier market for four decades, the name ‘Trellidor’ is sometimes used by competitors to describe their own versions of sliding security gates. It is also used by some customers to refer to the sliding metal gates that they want for their homes and offices.
Custom-made sgates fitted by an expert technician instead give you far better protection. Rather contact a Trellidor franchise near you for gates that are fitted with tamper-proof fixings and the locks are designed to make it difficult for robbers to breakthrough.
Trellidor locks are patented designs that are fitted using specialist tools. These tools are not easily available at hardware stores, which is one of the safety features built into Trellidor gates. But there are reasons for wanting to remove a Trellidor lock, such as:
* You’ve had an attempted break-in and the gate lock is damaged.
* You’ve moved into a new house with Trellidor gates, and you don’t have a full set of keys from the previous owners.
* You’ve dismissed an employee that may have a key to the gate.
* You’ve lost your keys and need to replace the locks for safety’s sake.
* Your Trellidor gate is several decades old, and you want the latest locks fitted.
* You’ve decided to have the same locks on all your gates for convenience’ sake i.e. keyed alike, rather than different locks and keys on all your security gates. In all these cases, you need to call in your local authorised Trellidor supplier to replace the locks for you. They will do it quickly and easily as they have the correct tools to do so.
If you try to do this yourself, you will find that the locks you purchase don’t fit. Plus, your warranty will no longer be valid.