SECURITY GATES OVERVIEW
Trellidor retractable gates
These sliding gates have been best sellers for over 40 years ago. They have a robust double trellis design that opens and closes smoothly and easily. Trellidor customers can choose between steel or aluminium sliding gates. There is a choice of either the Trellidor patented deadlock or slamlock. These expanding gates can be custom-made to fit doors, windows, passages, patios, hatches and most other building openings, keeping them safe from intrusion.
Spoilt for choice
Choose a colour to suit your unique home or office decor style from our flexible range of options.
SECURITY GATES TECHNICAL
South Africa’s most popular sliding security gate
These sliding gates have been best sellers for over 40 years ago. They have a
robust double trellis design that opens and closes smoothly and easily. Trellidor
customers can choose between steel or aluminium sliding gates. There is a
choice of either the Trellidor patented deadlock or slamlock. These expanding
gates can be custom-made to fit doors, windows, passages, patios, hatches and
most other building openings, keeping them safe from intrusion.
- Powder coated galvanized steel and aluminum trellis-style security gates
- Custom made to fit your door, window or other openings
- Engineered with strengthening features to resist attack
- Neat, compact sash designed for strength and smooth operation
- Corrosion and UV resistant even at the coast
- Several models to choose from according to risk profile and budget
- High end models internationally certified for strength under attack
- Fitted with patented Trellidor locking systems
- Carry warranties against defective workmanship, materials and corrosion
- Special options such as curved units are available
OPTIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
This is a unique patented locking system designed specifically for retractable Trellidor T700, T800, Trellidor Plus – T900 & Trellidor Trojan II – T1000 security barriers.
This patented draw-bolt lock has a single keyhole with multiple locking points in the lock-stile.
- You only need one key to lock or unlock the security gate, saving time when under stress in an emergency
- The multiple locking points provide maximum protection against attempted break-ins
- Multiple locking points make it difficult for criminals to know where to attack
One of the most noticeable differences between Trellidor security barriers and other products on the market is the shape of our profiles. We use a unique roll-forming process on all steel components used to make our barriers.
All Trellidor’s steel components are roll-formed into u-channel profiles with reinforced edges rolled back 180°.
- Superb corrosion resistance as we’re able to coat all surfaces. Our competitors use square tubing, which is difficult to coat inside, resulting in the product being vulnerable to corrosion from the inside out
- Increased flexibility and strength
Retractable Gates gates are hung from the top track and the security gate wheels fit inside this track. This ensures the barrier operates smoothly with low friction, reducing the need for maintenance. The wheel holders are made from glass-filled Nylon 6/6 which, because of its strength and resistance to corrosion is used for engine parts in the motor industry. Every upright on our security gates contains a wheel holder to evenly distribute the weight of the gate, increasing strength and reducing wear and tear.
Trellidor’s specially designed rivets help provide optimum strength in our security gates and window grilles. Many competitors opt for normal ‘off-the-shelf’ blind rivets which have a low tensile strength, allowing the barrier’s components to be pulled apart relatively easily. Our rivets avoid this weakness and help to improve the strength of our protective barriers.
- Stronger than standard blind rivets commonly used in our industry.
- Improves the strength of our units.
The bottom track is an area commonly targeted for attempted break-ins. Trellidor has designed a unique track along with sill guides to help combat this potential attack point.
Our bottom track features a low profile aluminium ‘T’ track designed to meet international standards
- Increases strength & resistance to the uprights being pulled off the track.
- Self-cleaning as it prevents the accumulation of dirt.
- Scuff resistant.
- Ease of operation
- Reduces chance of tripping.
- Helps prevent corrosion.
This is a unique patented slam lock system designed specifically for retractable Trellidor security barriers and incorporates the dead-lock technology. This locking system is optional on most Trellidor models.
The Trellidor slam lock has three modes of operation (unique to Trellidor). You choose which mode of operation to use when it suits you.
The sash of a trellis door or security gate is made up of the upright bars, the links that cross over these bars, and the rivets that join them all together. Trellidor Retractable trellis gates are strengthened using double uprights (front and back) with links that cross over and connect three upright bars (competitors usually join only two uprights together). Our trellis doors operate smoothly and stack neatly to the side as a result of these features.
- The system increases the strength of the unit
- It ensures that the unit does not snag curtains
- It provides for a neater stack with no exposed edges
Every component making up a security barrier including security gate screws must add to its ability to resist an attack by an intruder. Trellidor uses unique screws that can only be fitted or removed with a custom-made drive socket to help reduce the risk of break-ins. Our security gate screws are also longer than usual to provide extra pull-out resistance for our security gates and burglar bars.
Our fixings are of a unique design that can only be fitted or removed with a custom-made drive socket. This increased tamper resistance minimises break-ins.
The shoulder slides are purpose designed nylon components that joins the trellis to the framework of Trellidor security barriers. The shoulder slides fit snugly into the framework channel, which ensures smooth operation and enhances the overall security and integrity of the barrier.
Shoulder slides manufactured from Nylon 6/6 material.
- Helps provides maximum strength
- Ensures smooth & silent operation
- Enhances corrosion resistance
- Highly durable
Fully framed security barriers and gates are able to resist attack better than semi-framed or unframed gates. Retractable Gates gates are fully framed, with the four corners interconnected. This means that the gate is not dependent on the fixings only when an intruder is trying to lever it out. Anchor and strike jambs positioned over the bottom track add to the gate’s strength because they connect the bottom track to the sides of the barrier.
Corner cleats join the top track to the anchor and strike jambs. This provides increased strength as it connects the top track to the sides of the security barrier.
FLEXIBLE COLOUR RANGE
MATT LIGHT BROWN
Trellidor Retractable Gates come in 2 standard (White & Matt Bronze) and 5 non-standard colours (Sand, Light Brown. Matt Aluminium, Matt Charcoal and Matt Black). Special colours are available on request, allowing you to choose a colour to best suit your decor or your corporate colours.
All Trellidor products are finished in a state-of-the-art powder coating plant, as such the colours on this page will vary from the actual product colour. This is due to the difference in the way that light reflects off different mediums.
Corrosion Resistant Coating
The Trellidor powder coating system includes a pre-treatment process that enhances our products’ corrosion and UV resistance. The powder coating is ideal for coastal and inland conditions and increases the lifespan of the barrier by retaining its quality finish.