What We Do
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE TRELLIDOR
A BRAND YOU
We were established over 45 years ago and have secured more than 4 million doors, windows and other openings in 4 decades.
CLOSE TO OUR
We’re constantly updating our range to reflect current trends but continue to supply our old favourites that are trusted around the world.
PEACE OF MIND
Our warranties are not a sales gimmick. They are realistic, reliable, responsible and reflect our confidence in our products.
finance options available
It’s quick and easy to secure your home with our payment options!
The choice is yours: Account or Layby.
This high-end Premium Range of products has few rivals in terms of strength. It includes Retractable Security Gates and window Fixtures; a reinforced but streamlined and attractive louvred Louvre Shutters; a double-walled aluminium Rollerstyle Shutter; and Clear Guard screens engineered to provide top-quality protection.
The product designs in this Trellidor range have been internationally tested and certified for their strength under attack. They are recognised worldwide as some of the strongest in their class, suitable for extremely high crime risk locations and mass crowd control events. There are three Retractable Security gate designs with unique strengthening features and matching window fixtures, a Lockdown roller shutter range and aluminium Louvre Shutters range.
VIEW OUR TECHNICAL PORTAL
Franchises in South Africa
Clients we've worked with
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Genuine Trellidor sliding gates have six distinguishing features. They are:
* Double uprights. ‘Uprights’ are the vertical steel bars that run from the top to bottom track, and you’ll see them in pairs along the length of a Trellidor security gate. This is a strengthening feature.
* The links that form part of the trellis pattern across a Trellidor gate link three uprights together.
* U-shaped profiles. The vertical steel bars and the links that connect them are shaped into a ‘U’, making it easy to coat all surfaces against corrosion.
* The unique, patented Trellidor lock is branded. The name ‘Trellidor’ is etched into the lock cylinder.
* Trellidor gates have a single key and keyhole.
* Trellidor gates have a T-shaped, low profile bottom track, designed to reduce the chances of tripping over the track and also to make it harder for criminals to pull the uprights off the track.
The recommended cleaning method for Trellidor Retractable security gates is as follows:
* Use a premium quality (salt-free) car wash liquid, mixed with water as per manufacturer’s directions and a soft cotton cloth to clean the entire unit.
* Hard to reach areas may require the use of a soft nylon bristle brush such as a dishwashing brush.
* Dry the unit with a soft cotton cloth or chamois.
* Apply the Trellidor lubricating spray (available from your local franchise) to all moving parts, especially all hinge points inside the channel sections and into the top tracks.
* Shake the can of lubricating spray well, apply to a clean cotton cloth and wipe the entire unit, or spray directly onto unit from a distance of about 20cm.
* Wipe off the excess residue. This will form a protective barrier against both moisture and contamination of airborne pollutants.
* A second application may be required if the unit has stood for too long without being lubricated and has become stiff, dry and difficult to operate.
Take special note of the following warnings:
Never use abrasive cleaners, detergent-based cleaners or solvent-based cleaners such as scouring agents, dishwashing liquids, washing powders, thinners etc as these could adversely affect the expected life of the sliding security gate.
Do not spray into the keyhole of the cylinder where the key fits!
Remember to read the warnings on the lubricating spray label as the product is highly flammable, must not be ingested and is irritating to eyes and skin.
Trellidor locks are patented designs that are fitted using specialist tools. These tools are not easily available at hardware stores, which is one of the safety features built into Trellidor gates.
You may need to change your lock under the following circumstances:
* You’ve had an attempted break-in and the lock has been damaged.
* If you have several sliding gates in your home, you may want to get your gates keyed-alike. This means that all your locks can be opened with the same key, instead of using different keys for each gate. Trellidor offers this option so that you don’t have to keep large bunches of keys around the home. The locks will have to be changed to do this.
* If you’ve had a break-in it is advisable to change the locks. The home invaders may steal your keys and use them to get in again.
* The same applies if you have dismissed employees that work at your home.
* If you have moved into a new home that has sliding security gates, get the original manufacturer to change the locks. You never know who may have had access to the sliding gate keys.
* If you keep your house keys on the same key ring as your car keys and have been hijacked. Change the sliding security gate locks to avoid the hijackers or accomplices breaking into your home.
In all these cases, you need to call in your local authorised Trellidor supplier to replace the locks for you. They will do it quickly and easily as they have the correct tools to do so.