The recommended cleaning method for Trellidor Retractable security gates is as follows:
* Use a premium quality (salt-free) car wash liquid, mixed with water as per manufacturer’s directions and a soft cotton cloth to clean the entire unit.
* Hard to reach areas may require the use of a soft nylon bristle brush such as a dishwashing brush.
* Dry the unit with a soft cotton cloth or chamois.
* Apply the Trellidor lubricating spray (available from your local franchise) to all moving parts, especially all hinge points inside the channel sections and into the top tracks.
* Shake the can of lubricating spray well, apply to a clean cotton cloth and wipe the entire unit, or spray directly onto unit from a distance of about 20cm.
* Wipe off the excess residue. This will form a protective barrier against both moisture and contamination of airborne pollutants.
* A second application may be required if the unit has stood for too long without being lubricated and has become stiff, dry and difficult to operate.
Take special note of the following warnings:
Never use abrasive cleaners, detergent-based cleaners or solvent-based cleaners such as scouring agents, dishwashing liquids, washing powders, thinners etc as these could adversely affect the expected life of the sliding security gate.
Do not spray into the keyhole of the cylinder where the key fits!
Remember to read the warnings on the lubricating spray label as the product is highly flammable, must not be ingested and is irritating to eyes and skin.