Trellidor Durban South secures Durban Child and Youth Centre

It seems that even a home sheltering destitute children isn’t immune to robbery.  Trellidor Durban South recently came to the aid of The Durban Child and Youth Centre, a Non-Governmental Organisation that cares for children in need, securing their premises after a series of break-ins.

The centre is more commonly known as the Durban Children’s Home and has been caring for children since 1905.  They lost items such as an entertainment centre and home theatre system, an urn, microwave oven, food school bags and chairs in two burglaries.  Fortunately the third attempted break-in was unsuccessful.

The centre receives 40% of its funding from government.  The remaining 60% is attained from donations and fund raising, so a loss like this is devastating.  The staff turned to the media to highlight their plight, and raised awareness of their need for help through East Coast Radio and Independent Newspapers.

The appeal caught the attention of Mat Goetsch, owner of Trellidor Durban Central and South, and the franchise came to the rescue, with the assistance of Trellidor Head Office.  Mat and his team installed Trellidor Retractable gates on the doors and Burglar Guard to the windows, using the flat bar to match some of the existing burglar proofing.

“We were glad to be able to help and appreciated the staff thanking us for being ‘the ultimate crime barrier’ in a lovely Facebook post,” said Mat.

To find out how you can help the Durban Child and Youth Centre, please visit their website.

Find your nearest Trellidor franchise showroom.

Pictured at the Durban Child and Youth Centre from left to right: Bongiwe Buthelezi (Child & Youth Care Worker); Sarah Duthie (Office Administrator); Peter Nyawose (Senior Child & Youth Care Worker); with Steven Matthews (Trellidor Durban Central & South Sales Consultant).

the ultimate crime barrier

Get a Free Security Assessment & Quote

Our products are custom fitted for strength and safety, and come with up to 5 years warranty. Contact us today for a free security assessment and quote.