TRELLIDOR PRODUCT MAINTENANCE
All Trellidor products require regular routine maintenance by means of cleaning and lubrication.
Routine maintenance has a dual purpose:
- Cleaning delays the onset of corrosion on all Trellidor products as a result of environmental and/or industrial airborne contaminants i.e. salt, fog or mist found close to the sea, or acid rain found close to heavy industrial areas.
- Cleaning and lubrication prevents Trellidor Retractable units from becoming stiff and difficult to slide.
Recommended guide for routine maintenance
The location of the unit (inside or outside fit) and the proximity to the sea, sources of industrial pollutants and other environmental factors i.e. prevailing winds (weather side) will all determine how often routine maintenance is required. If in doubt contact your local Trellidor franchise.
||More than 10km from beachfront
||Every 6 months
||1km to 10km from beachfront
||2 to 3 months
||500km to 1km from beachfront
||2 to 4 weeks
||Within 500m of beachfront
||1 to 2 weeks
- Beachfront refers to breaking surf airborne moisture
- Fresh water lakes are not considered high-risk areas
- Heavy industrial areas can be considered Marine environments
- The recommended maintenance intervals provided here are for general guidance due to local environmental conditions
Recommended cleaning method for Trellidor Products:
- Use a premium quality (salt-free) car wash liquid, mixed with water as per manufacturer's directions, and a soft cotton cloth to clean the entire unit.
- Hard to reach areas may require the use of a soft nylon bristle brush such as a dishwashing brush.
- Dry the unit with a soft cotton cloth or chamois.
Always lubricate the security barrier after cleaning (see instructions below).
Note: Never use abrasive cleaners, detergent based cleaners or solvent based cleaners such as scouring agents, dishwashing liquids, washing powders, thinners etc as these could adversely affect the expected life of the products.
- Apply the Trellidor lubricating spray (available from your local franchise) to all moving parts, especially all hinge points inside the channel sections, and into the top tracks.
- Shake the can of lubricating spray well, apply to a clean cotton cloth and wipe the entire unit, or spray directly onto unit from a distance of about 20cm. Wipe off the excess residue. This will form a protective barrier against both moisture and contamination of airborne pollutants.
- A second application may be required if the unit has stood for too long without being lubricated and has become stiff, dry and difficult to operate.
Do not spray into the keyhole of the cylinder where the key fits!
CAUTION: Remember to read the warnings on the Trellidor Lubricating Spray label as the product is highly flammable, must not be ingested and is irritating to eyes and skin.
|© TRELLIDOR 2013